Hello and welcome to the updated Steven on Media! This latest visual update comes after a few months of tinkering, to get the design just right. As always, your feedback and comments are very much appreciated – they’ll help make the blog even better! Is there something you love about the change? Something you hate? Tell me!
Some of the changes that have been made, for your enjoyment:
- Embedded YouTube videos in posts take up the entire width of the screen;
- Polls, search, and the video vault are located on the right-hand side of the screen. Along with this, two new features have been added: Yay or Nay, which are little snippets from the news that may be of interest (and are perhaps too short for a blog post); and What’s Hot, the evolution of my ‘Primetime Picks’ widget. Now with pictures and a little show teaser;
- The sidebar ‘widgets’ can be expanded and collapsed if desired, so you can hide what you don’t want to see. And your preferences are remembered on your own computer, so the next time you come back, the sidebar will be as you left it;
- A new layout, with emphasis on content, has been introduced – fonts have been enlarged, and descriptions have been removed from the home page – making navigation through news stories a breeze;
- The left-hand side houses categories, social links and other interesting things;
- Comments are now laid out as a forum thread, to make them a bit more presentable. See an example with quite a few comments;
- Comments from me are marked in blue;
- And there are now nicer looking smilies – so feel free to use them to your heart’s content!
Please, tell your friends about Steven on Media – spread the word via Facebook, Twitter or even YouTube. Links are on the left. Enjoy!